What are cookies?
We also use pixels which are small blocks of code on web pages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a webpage and often are used in connection with cookies.
You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies help us to operate our website and provide services to you. In particular, they can:
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable, including by recognizing you when you return to our website and to customize our website according to your individual interests;
- enhance and customize your experience across our website including by speeding up your searches;
- enable us to perform research and carry out analytics; and
- deliver advertising and marketing that is relevant to you.
Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through our website, such as advertising, interactive content and analytics. These third-parties are responsible for the cookies they set on our website and we have no control over them.
What cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
- Operationally necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. For instance, cookies to enable you to log in to access our services;
- Performance cookies. These cookies allow us to track how our users use our website, the number of visits on each page, and behavior on each page. This helps us optimize our website so you can find the things you are looking for and have the best experience possible.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allows us to recognize you by name and create a more personalized experience for you.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you may have clicked. We will use this information to curate services and content based on your needs. This information may also be shared with third-party providers.
We also use Google Analytics to monitor how our website is used. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and generates reports detailing information such as the number of visits to the system, where visitors generally came from, how long they stayed on the system, and which pages they visited. Google Analytics places several persistent cookies on your computer’s hard drive. These do not collect any personal data. If you do not agree to this you can disable persistent cookies in your browser. This will prevent Google Analytics from logging your visits.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the relevant social media sites will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
What technical information do we collect about your device?
We collect the following information about the device you are using to access our website:
- the type of device you use;
- a unique device identifier, for example, your device’s IMEI number;
- network information;
- your operating system;
- your IP address;
- the browser you are using and what version it is; and
- your time zone setting.
We collect usage data about your activities on our website, including:
- The full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our online properties (including date and time);
- The different types of services/products you viewed or searched for;
- page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How can you control cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
Most advertising networks also offer you the option to opt out of targeted advertising. For more info, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com. Alternatively, you can manage your cookie settings by following your browser’s instructions.